Mandate & Objectives of NCA
The objectives and mandate of NCA are as stipulated in the National Communication Act 2012, and aim to achieve the following:
- Promote and regulate the communication sector to meet the changing demands of development and globalization.
- Encourage conducive environment favorable to promotion of communication services by ensuring free and fair competition and support of investment in this field.
- Ensure accessible, reliable and affordable communication services through use of state-of –the-art technologies in all parts of the country.
- Ensure availability, connectivity and interoperability amongst licensed communication networks.
- Ensure efficient use of Frequency Spectrum, Numbering System and other scarce communication resources in order to maximize their return.
- Promote capacity building, awareness and confidence building in the communication sector.
- Protect national security and priority interests of the Republic of South Sudan.
- Ensure compliance with international and regional agreements and resolutions in the communication sector as adopted by the Republic of South Sudan.
- Enhance the role of South Sudan as a model country in the field of communication on regional and the international levels.